Revisiting Touchstones—and recommitting to them—in two parts.
Go back to your personal mission statement you created or chose in October.
How well have you kept your promises to yourself? What has been especially hard? Easy? What would you change about it now?
Re-read Follen’s Behavioral Covenant:
We, the members and friends of Follen Church, affirm:
- We offer goodwill and good intention in our interactions.
- We remember that our intentions do not always mirror our impact.
- We are open to difference, and open to changing our minds and our behavior.
- We communicate directly with honesty, respect, and compassion.
- We speak up when we feel hurt and listen with an open spirit when we cause hurt.
- When we listen, we stay curious, seeking facts, ideas, and new possibilities.
- We invite healing through forgiveness and making amends.
- We acknowledge and accept that all of us have limitations of role, responsibility, ability, understanding, and time.
- When we fail, we will try again.
How well have you kept your promises to this community? What has been especially hard? Easy? What would you change about it now?
Spiritual Exercises and Covenant Groups
Follen’s monthly Spiritual Exercises are designed for individuals as well as for group discussions in Covenant Groups. Interested in joining a Covenant Group? Learn more here.