Planned giving – donating to Follen through a “legacy” gift in your will – is a key part of ensuring Follen’s long-term financial stability.
But it’s much more than that. Through planned giving, you can support what you love in our community long after you are departed:
- Teaching values to children
- Working to fight injustice, racism, climate change, and more
- Fostering lifetimes of creative, caring involvement at Follen
- Supporting a faith community that celebrates difference and welcomes everyone
Your legacy contribution helps future Follenites carry on the community you love.
How is it Done?
There are several options:
- Name Follen Church as a beneficiary on an insurance policy or annuity
- Include Follen in your estate plan as a beneficiary in your will
- Purchase a Charitable Gift Annuity from the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA)
- Donate real estate and/or securities
All gifts are welcome, no matter the size.
Where Does My Gift Go?
Unrestricted legacy gifts are divided between two funds:
- The Program Fund, which supports church operations
- The Heritage Fund, which maintains Follen’s building and grounds.
- You also may create a fund in memory of a loved one or you may donate to an existing named fund. Follen has named endowment funds in support of the music program, the organ, the religious education program, and pastoral care programs.
Benefits of Giving
- Create a legacy of your love and care for Follen Church
- Generate ongoing income for future generations of the Follen community
- Benefit from tax advantages of charitable giving
- Reduce taxes by donating appreciated assets
- Reduce inheritance taxes on your estate
Share Your Legacy
Contact email@example.com to start a conversation about your legacy today.
Note: Follen Church and the Follen Church Legacy Society cannot provide legal or financial advice. Please consult with your lawyer or financial planner about legacy