Special Events and Services
Saturday December 3, 1-2pm
- Hot Cocoa, Carols and Christmas Tree Sales! Come and price trees from 9am-12pm. Then please join us for hot chocolate and holiday cheer as we celebrate the start of our Christmas Tree season. All are welcome to join together at the Christmas Tree Lot to sip hot cocoa and sing your favorite carols, on Saturday, December 3 beginning at 1pm.
Sunday December 4, 10:30am
- Worship Service
Saturday December 10, 10am-12pm
- Holiday Crafting Event This is a beloved holiday tradition at Follen Church where children and adults can craft ornaments, cards, jewelry, candy houses, and more. If you have a craft that you want to share, just email Sytske Campbell.
Sunday December 11, 10:30am
- Worship Service
- 6:30-8:30pm – FUUY Yule Ball
Sunday December 18, 10:30am
- Holiday Service Children, youth, and adults are all invited to participate in this service. Children and youth, sign up for pageant roles here. Nursery and Child Care will be available on the lower level for children under age 6 whose parents would prefer that they are not in the Sanctuary.
Saturday December 24, 5pm, 7pm
- Traditional Candlelight Christmas Eve Services in Sanctuary
Sunday December 25
- Holiday Message Online, No In-Person Service
Sunday January 1, 10:30am
- Quiet Meditation with Marilu Nowlin and Joe Turner
Ongoing Seasonal Activities
Christmas Pickup Choir
Sundays December 4, 11, and 18, 12-1pm
- Pickup Intergenerational Christmas Choir Come get in the holiday spirit, sing the melody with gusto, learn some harmonies to well loved carols. Option to sing at the Christmas Eve services. Note: locations vary. Sonin Room (12/4 and 12/18) and Sanctuary (12/11)
Christmas Tree Lot, December 3-December 24 – Trees are sold out as of December 21. Thanks everyone!
FUUY Cookie Sales
Order cookies from FUUY to support their spring service learning trip! Cookies are sold out! Pickup is after the December 18 service.
You can purchase a poinsettia in honor of or in memory of a loved one, and the flowers will decorate the Sanctuary for Christmas.
The Giving Tree
Follen Church members and friends are invited to continue our tradition of contributing to area families in need during the holidays through our Giving Tree Program. We have been asked to assist 80 families through DYS in Worcester, DCF in Arlington and Hildebrand in Cambridge. The Giving Tree will be set up in the Community Center on Sunday, December 4 and 11. Kindly stop by to pick up a tag or two. Bring your gift on December 18. Questions? Ask Kathy Blake.