March Theme: UnBroken
This month at Follen Church, we are exploring the theme “Unbroken” in worship and small groups. Here are some resources for families to explore along with us at home!
Recommended Picture Books (read aloud on YouTube):
The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires
The Book of Mistakes by Corinna Luyken
We Shall Overcome: The Story of a Song by Debbie Levy
Resilient, by Rising Appalachia
- Having people to talk to helps us get through hard times. If you were really sad or mad, who’s a person (besides your parents) you’d most like to talk to?
- Are you usually willing and able to ask for help when you need it?
- What are tools you already have to help you when you are facing hard things?
- Create some Stone-Stacking art Remember- these are ultimately meant to fall! Combine with Melanie DeMore’s beautiful Standing Stone meditation if you’d like.
- Use sidewalk chalk to write sayings or pictures of resilience in your neighborhood.