High School Youth Group (FUUY)
Follen Unitarian Universalist Youth (FUUY) is for high school students in Grades 9-12. FUUY meets most Sunday evenings from 6:30-8:30 during the church year at Follen. The meetings offer opportunities for deeper connection with one another and time for relieving stress and having fun. FUUY is youth-led and its activities are planned by the Youth Advisory Council made up of teens, Follen members serving as advisors and our Youth Program Coordinator, Liana Raberg (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– Annual Youth Worship Service
– Coffeehouse for fund raising for youth service learning trip and other events
– Christmas Yule Ball
– Weekend Retreats
– Service Weekends (e.g., CityReach or local food pantries)
– Canoeing or Bike Riding, and other outdoor activities
– Meetings with social change organizations (e.g., Unitarian Universalist Service Committee) or with other youth groups
– Bridging Ceremony to recognize and honor graduating seniors
Service Learning Trip
Youth are invited to join in an annual service trip (in recent years, to New Orleans) during the April vacation week. This trip typically involves fund raising activities and pre-departure education to enhance the learning experience.
For more information, contact Follen’s Director of Religious Education, Beryl Aschenberg, at email@example.com. Follen events and activities are open to all regardless of ability to pay; all participating youth must be registered in Follen’s religious education program on an annual basis. Financial aid is available.