Curriculum for Children and Youth
Our RE Action Team is planning to be flexible and adaptable as we serve your children in the months ahead. We want to offer your family a tangible sense of love and community support for these challenging times. Here’s what we’ve got in motion for the first part of the 2020-21 church year:
- Online RE Classes and Groups until it’s safe to meet in person
- Weekly “Time for All Ages” during Sunday Services at 10:30am
- Monthly RE themes around topics that matter NOW, with an emphasis on community building, spiritual tools, UU identity, and fun.
- PreK-2nd Grade Sunday Classes each Sunday at 9:30am (with a few calendar based exceptions)
- 3-5th Grade and 6-8th Grade RE “Classes” on the 1st & 3rd Sundays of each month, at 9:30am
- Children’s Chapel – rituals and spiritual practices to gather us in and build our community at the beginning of RE on the 1st & 3rd Sundays of each month.
- FUUY Youth Group, each Sunday at 6:30pm (with a few calendar based exceptions)
Coming of Age and OWL
Additionally, we hope to offer 10th Grade Coming of Age and Middle School Youth Group programs, which are still in planning stages.
The next Our Whole Lives (OWL) program will be held in the fall of 2021 with a combined class of 8-9th Graders.