Covid Safety & Guidelines for RE Participation
Please monitor your child for Covid symptoms such as: fever (100ºF or higher), dry cough and shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea. Even if you suspect that this is just a cold, we ask that you refrain from bringing your child to church until 24 hours after symptoms pass.
Other Covid Protocols
Please see Follen’s current Covid Safety Policy HERE
Current RE Program Safety Measures
- We care about each other within our community, we do our best to keep each other healthy and safe, and we expect each other to stay up to date on our Covid-19 vaccinations. All RE volunteers and staff are expected to stay current with available vaccinations.
- We expect all people attending any event in-person to be vaccinated unless they have a medical exception.
- All RE participants are encouraged to vaccinate once they are eligible.
- Young people and volunteers will be invited to wear masks indoors should they choose; in the event that a participant has compromised immunity, a small group may be asked
- We will support 3 foot distancing to the greatest extent possible
- Hand Sanitizer dispensers will be installed in all classroom spaces and in the church hallways
- When programs take place indoors, windows will be kept opened to allow our ventilation system to bring in fresh air and exhaust used air.
- Portable air purifiers will be in every classroom space
- Food and beverages will generally not be served except for the OWL class;
- We ask that everyone continue to respect people’s needs and requests for physical distancing. Let’s all get in the habit of asking for consent before getting close or offering physical contact.
Contact Beryl Aschenberg, our Director of Religious Education at email@example.com if you want to talk about ways in which out community can help you or your family feel safe.