Parish Board consists of voting and non-voting members:
Voting members are:
- the Chair of Parish Board (currently Lex Johnson)
- the Vice Chair of Parish Board (currently Trapper Markelz)
- the Treasurer of the Church (currently Harvy Simkovits)
- three Representatives-at-Large (currently Anne Kelly, Herman Marshall, and Jim Fesler)
- and a Trustee representative (currently Sharon Cerny)
Non-voting members are:
- the Board Clerk (currently Jackie Hawkinson)
- the Auditor (currently George Grady)
- and the Parish Minister (currently Rev. Claire Feingold-Thoryn)
The Parish Board usually meets the Monday after Program Council each month to discuss matters related to carrying out the duties and responsibilities as defined in the church Bylaws:
- Adopt written policies and procedures governing the operation of the Church, including but not limited to such matters as personnel; space rental; use of the church name in public statements, permit applications, publications or other ways that might reflect on the Church or its Membership; conflict resolution; fund raising; imposition of fees for participation in church activities by nonmembers; and acquisition and disposition of assets.
- Provide financial oversight of the short and long-term financial condition of the Church.
- Prepare and regularly review a long-term plan for the Church, including a long-term financial, capital expenditures and development plan, which plan and any annual updates or modifications thereto shall be submitted for approval by the Church Membership.
- Work with Program Council to review the Annual Plan and Budget for conformity with the Church’s approved Long-Range Plan and policies and procedures.
- Review, approve, amend, or modify any contracts subject to the constraints imposed by budgets approved by the Membership.
- Review and approve any contracts of employment negotiated and recommended by the Program Council with the Parish Minister or employees of the Church.
- Review and approve any leases of a term of one year or longer, and any and all contracts of indebtedness.
- Open, review, or close any accounts with banks and brokerages for the custody of funds and the safekeeping and efficient management, acquisition and disposition of securities and other intangible assets.
- Review and acquire any insurance policies required by the Church
- Acquire, sell or encumber Church property, including real property, fixtures, artwork, silver, musical instruments, and items of monetary, historical or antiquity value.
- Fill any vacancy on Program Council or Parish Board, Nominating Committee, or among the officers or trustees.
- Create subgroups, committees, working groups or ad hoc teams composed of Parish Board members and/or Church Members or Friends to assist in fulfilling any of the mentioned responsibilities and duties.
You can reach the Parish Board Chair at email@example.com.
All Board meetings are open to Follen Members and Friends. Email the Board Chair for more information.