Our Covenant of Right Relations
Building community is an ongoing spiritual practice, in which we strive to be our best selves and live out the principles of Unitarian Universalism. We hold each other in loving community, even as we acknowledge our imperfections. In that ever-learning and humble spirit, with open hearts and open minds, we created this covenant of right relations to hold ourselves and each other accountable.
We, the members and friends of Follen Church, affirm:
- We offer goodwill and good intention in our interactions.
- We remember that our intentions do not always mirror our impact.
- We are open to difference, and open to changing our minds and our behavior.
- We communicate directly with honesty, respect, and compassion.
- We speak up when we feel hurt and listen with an open spirit when we cause hurt.
- When we listen, we stay curious, seeking facts, ideas, and new possibilities.
- We invite healing through forgiveness and making amends.
- We acknowledge and accept that all of us have limitations of role, responsibility, ability, understanding, and time.
- When we fail, we will try again.
The covenant was approved at the Annual Meeting of May 23, 2018.
In 2021, Follen created a Covenant of Right Relations Team (or CRRT) to provide support in maintaining covenantal relationships. For more information, including who is on the team, please visit the CRRT page.