Contact & Directions
Send Us A Message
Follen Church is located at 755 Massachusetts Avenue in East Lexington, just near the intersection of Massachusetts Avenue and Pleasant Street.
From Boston & Cambridge:
- Take Rt. 2 West from Alewife Circle.
- Take Exit 56 (Sign reads: Rts. 4 & 225 – Lexington – Bedford)
- At exit ramp, turn right onto Watertown St
- Watertown St will merge with Pleasant St – follow directions below
From the North or South
- Take Rt. 128 North or South to Exit 29-A for Rt. 2 East. (Sign reads: Arlington/Cambridge)
- Once on Rt. 2 East, proceed about 2 miles to Exit 55. (Sign reads: Pleasant St – Waltham & Lexington)
- At exit ramp turn left onto Pleasant St, passing under Rt. 2.
- After about 1/4 mile, stop at the STOP sign and then continue on Pleasant St (it has merged with Watertown St).
Once on Pleasant St:
- Continue on Pleasant Street (you will pass Wilson Farms on your right) to the rotary
- Turn left at rotary onto Massachusetts Avenue and slow down – Follen Church is immediately on your right – A small white octagonal church just after the branch library.
You may park:
- In our parking lot across the street, except between the 2nd Friday after Thanksgiving through Christmas (Note: cross Massachusetts Avenue only at the crosswalk, using the light)
- On Massachusetts Avenue or Follen Road (see map via link above)
- In the Waldorf School lot just beyond the library parking
- We have reserved a space for first time visitors in front of the church
Reserved handicapped spaces are available beside the church. There are also three spaces allotted on Sundays for those with limited mobility.
On Sundays you may park on the side of the Waldorf School nearest the church (to the left of the school if you are facing it). During the week do not park there. Those spaces are reserved for Waldorf School faculty and staff.
Public and Other Transportation
During the week and on Saturdays, Follen is easily accessible by public transportation. The MBTA 62 and 76 buses from the Alewife T station go right by our front door pretty frequently during the week, a little less frequently on Saturday… but unfortunately do not run on Sundays at all.
The Minuteman Bikeway from Alewife passes very near Follen: if you’re on the Bikeway headed west, after you cross Fottler Ave you’ll reach a pond, tennis courts, soccer field and playground on your left; cut across the soccer fields and past the Waldorf School and Follen is right there.