The Army Corps of Engineers’ decision was a major victory for the Indigenous-led resistance at Standing Rock, but the fight isn’t over!
On Saturday, December 17, 350 Mass, UU Action, and others are joining with members of the local Native American community to show our continued commitment to resistance.
We’ll start with a rally at the Army Corps of Engineers regional headquarters (696 Virginia Road, Concord). From there, small groups of runners will travel, relay-style, into Boston, with stops along the way at banks funding the pipeline. The day will end with a fundraiser at Hibernian Hall in Roxbury featuring local Native performers.
Saturday, Dec. 17 is a day of local action and music to support Standing Rock!
FPB Climate Justice Group is helping with transportation logistics and food at the Lexington stop. Can you help?
Please spread the word!
Approximate Times for the Stops:
- 9:00 am: Rally at the Army Corps of Engineers Office, 696 Virginia Road, Concord, MA
- 10:00 – 11:00: run the first leg (Concord to Lexington, 4.6 miles)
- 11:00 – 11:30: flyering at Lexington TD Bank ( 1840 Mass Avenue)
- 11:30 – 12:40: run the second leg (Lexington to Arlington, 5.5 miles)
- 12:40 – 1:10: flyering at Arlington TD Bank (880 Mass Ave)
- 1:10 – 2:00: run the third leg (Arlington to Harvard Sq, 3.8 miles)
- 2:00 – 2:30: flyering at Harvard TD Bank (1270 Mass Ave)
- 2:30 – 3:30: run the fourth leg (Harvard Sq to UU Urban Ministry in Roxbury, 4.1 miles)
- 7:15 – 7:30: walk/march from UU Urban Ministry to the concert (0.5 miles)
- 7:30 pm: Benefit concert “From the Blue Hills to Standing Rock” in support of Standing Rock featuring an internationally acclaimed bill of traditional, soul, funk, jazz and world-music indigenous performers at Hibernian Hall, 184 Dudley St, Roxbury.
You Can Help in Other Ways
Click here for concert info & tickets & donations – great way to donate $$ even if you can’t attend!
- If you can help out at the 9am rally, RSVP here.
- If you can help with making banners and artwork beforehand, write to Evan Seitz at <email@example.com>
- If you want to be a runner or can help with shuttling runners, RSVP here.
- If you can help with sandwiches or donations for sandwiches at the Lexington stop, please contact Cecile Mercado at <firstname.lastname@example.org>