Operetta 2018: Patience!
For more than 55 years, Follen has put on a Spring musical production, in the form of operettas by Gilbert and Sullivan. This tradition celebrates music, humor and widespread participation for children and youth of many ages who are supported by adults in the church community. The operetta draws in many talents (to build sets, costumes sell tickets, and more) and strengthens the bonds within our congregation.
About the Show
Patience is a playful comedy that pokes fun at the societal fads we all fall sway to at one point or another. If you’ve ever gone for that perm whole hog, or caved to buy your first pair of jeggings, you’ll be able to identify with the maidens of Patience’s world. Similarly, if you’ve stalwartly held onto your bell-bottoms, or insisted that your scrunchie was the way to go, the dragoon guards will be your pals.
In Patience we learn to laugh at ourselves through the mirror of Gilbert and Sullivan’s characters and to find joy in owning our own likes and dislikes. Set in the late 1800’s, the townspeople and guards swirl around in a tizzy over a ridiculous poet and his fervently unrequited love interest, the simple milkmaid, Patience. All is thrown into chaos when an even more irresistible poet arrives with an entirely different style of verse to offer the love-sick townspeople.
Join us for this fun-filled time of song and fellowship this spring!
Directed by Sara Haugland, with musical preparation by Music Director Vivian Montgomery.
All Follen youth are invited to take part as performers. EVERYONE is invited to be a production volunteer!
Volunteer to help with:
A drop-in informational meeting for parents to officially commit and learn about details of the schedule and production will be held on Sunday January 21 at 10:30am and at 12:30pm.
- Mondays May 7, 14, 21, & 28, 4:00-5:00pm Children’s Choir; 5:00- 6:00pm Youth Choir
- Saturday May 5; 1:00-4:00pm
- Tuesday May 8; 3:30-5:30pm
- Wednesday May 9; 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday May 10; 3:30-5:30pm
- Saturday May 12; 1:00-4:00pm
- Tuesday May 15; 3:30-5:30pm
- Wednesday May 16; 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday May 17; 3:30-5:30pm
- Saturday May 19; 1:00-4:00pm
- Tuesday May 22; 3:30-5:30pm
- Wednesday May 23; 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday May 24; 3:30-5:30pm
- Tuesday May 29; 3:30-5:30pm
- Wednesday May 30; 3:30-5:30pm
- Thursday May 31; 3:30-5:30pm
- Saturday June 2; 1:00-5:00pm
- Monday June 4 – 5-10 p.m. – run
- Tuesday June 5 – 5-10 p.m. – dress run for Friday cast
- Wednesday June 6 – 3-10 p.m. – dress run for Saturday cast
- Friday June 8 – 8pm performance
- Saturday June 9 – 8pm performance